Today I have been researching three different websites in context of permissions, attribution requirements and restrictions for Sound, Music and Images that are available to the public.
I found the following sites:
- Adobe Stock
- Easy Music Download
- Media College
This site contains royalty free images which you have to pay for on a variety of subscriptions such as pay for image, per month (cheaper if you have a creative cloud membership) per month without creative cloud up to 10 images per month or per month up to 750 images. The licence on Adobe allows the use of the images for many purposes as long as it isn’t misused. The copyright on the images allows them to be used but not to be sold, licensed or distributed even if they have been modified. It does go into a lot further detail about what they can’t be used for but not selling or distributing covers this.
Easy Media Download:
They claim not to own any licenses on their site and state that any fee paid doesn’t entitle anyone to ownership or licensing rights to anything contained in their site.
This site has five types of licenses:
- Full:- this allows me to use the file royalty free and I can use it in games etc. (commercially). I am not allowed to redistribute the original file and attribution is appreciated but not required.
- Public Domain:- there are no restrictions at all on files with this license type.
- Personal use: – private viewings only
- Fair use:- this varies from country to country.
- Unverified:- Proceed with caution.
Wavelength Media. 2015. Media College. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/permission/. [Accessed 16 October
EMD Music. 2015. Download Music | Free Music Downloads. [ONLINE] Available at: http://easymusicdownload.com/. [Accessed 16 October 15]
Adobe Systems Incorporated. 2015. Royalty-Free images and Garphics. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.adobe.com/. [Accessed 16 October 15].