Bunker Room Layout
These two weeks have been used to create a visual representation of our bunker rooms before they are created in 3DS max.
First we researched locations and then we designed our bunkers based on the materials that were available to the rebels.
Then we created a our ideas in Photoshop and then created them in a shoebox.
I have created a digital representation in Photoshop of what my bunker is going to look like. I have included a Vita Ray chamber in the corner of the room, I intend for this to look broken when created to add to the story and keep with the theme of our bunker.
For the writing on the wall I actually painted this on a big piece of plain card and held it up so it dripped, I then took a photo of it and opened it in Photoshop, I made it transparent and placed it into the bunker image and shrunk it down. With the rest I just imported images that represented the assets i wanted into the image and positioned them where I thought they should go, this also included the textures for the walls and the floor.
In this room I have included instruments that have been knocked over to add to the feel that something isn’t quite right and for a little something extra I created my own cover for a book seeing as it doesn’t exist, I liked the idea of Owner’s manuals for cars and the special ones for the Death Star etc. So I made one for a Vita Ray Chamber.
This object is in the room to add to the story, it is supposed to suggest that the scientist and the medic are not really sure how to use the machine so they have a manual.
The Bunker room will mainly be made from concrete, which was taken from textures.com, after the room the assets textures ore our own.
I really enjoyed this task as I love arts and crafts and designing. Some of it was a little difficult in relation to making all the models for the shoebox as they didn’t always stick together and holding them was tricky due to their size.
I feel fairly pleased with the outcomes of my layouts, since completing them some of the textures have changed as in relation to the floors as I feel it didn’t quite fit in with the idea of a bunker.
To rectify the issue with the size of the models to go into the shoebox I ended up using crafting tweezers to hold them together while they dried and for the textures I just tested a few different ones out for the floor until I was happy with the look and feel.